Now that christmas is over and spring is coming, it’s time to prepare our body for the summer, yes, it’s time to start the bikini operation. Of course you have to keep in mind that whenever you want to lose weight, you have to do it in a healthy way: maintaining a healthy and balanced diet. So, in this post we are going to talk about a fruit that helps you to lose weight: the tangerine.
The tangerine, is a great source of vitamin C, like most citrus fruits, but it also has important properties to lose weight suchs as:
- It is low in calories (about 40 per 100 grams) and sugars.
- It is a diuretic fruit: it is rich in water.
- Contains a lot of fiber (more than 2 grams per 100 grams), among them, pectin that contributes to give a feeling of fullness.
- It almost doesn’t have fats or cholestrol.
- It helps to burn the fats existing in the body through the flavonoids.
- It has depurative properties.
- It is detoxifying and antioxidant.
- It contains nobiletine which helps to lose volume, because it deflates.
As we can see, tangerines contain many properties that help to lose weight. In fact, some studies have confirmed that it is better than an orange, the citrus par exellence, to lose weight, since it contains more water and less sugar.
For all these reasons, if what you want is lose weight, it is advisable to include the tangerine in your diet. There are many ways to do this:
- Whole: Eat the peeled fruit between hours supposes a very important contribution of energy and few calories.
- In juice: Liquefy and mix it with other fruits with low calories.
- In milkshakes: Mixing it with skimmed milk and other fruits is an ideal complement to the snack or mid-morning.
- In infusions: In this way you can use both its piel and its pulp and it can be taken alone or attached to other citrus fruits or a ginger tea.
- In desserts and light candies such as a light tangerine flan or an ice cream.
As you can check the tangerine, besides being a healthy fruit, is a fruit that helps to lose weight. Enjoy a unique and healthy taste with tangerines!